Cinnamon Apple Hazelnut Oatmeal (Julie Mosier)
Per Serving: 390 calories, 12 g fat, 64g carb, 11g protein, 160 mg sodium
1. In a medium bowl, mix together oats, hazelnuts, hemp hearts, flaxseed meal, brown sugar, and salt. Set aside.
2. Cut the apples into 1/4 in slices and 1 in. wide.
3. In a small bowl toss the apples with the cinnamon.
1. Place the apple slices on the dehydrator trays, leaving a little space between the slices.
2. Place the trays in the dehydrator. Set the dehydrator to 135F and turn it on. Set for 4 hours.
3. At 4 hour mark, check the apples. They should bend but not break and should not feel moist. If necessary, continue to dry the apples for another 1 – 2 hours.
on the trail:
Add 1 cup of boiling water (per serving). Mix it well, cover, and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Stir the oatmeal again before eating.