Having a romantic dinner in a wilderness can be much more exciting than eating at home or restaurant. All that you need to do is carefully plan a menu and set the special atmosphere.
Follow these simple steps to find out how to have an unforgettable dinner on the trail with your sweetheart.
1. Pick a nice place for tent with a scenic view, where you can watch the stars or meet the sunrise;
2. Light the candles; bring an elegant backpacking tableware;
3. Start your dinner with a glass of good wine;
4. Cook up a romantic backpacking meals with our simple, but delicious recipes:
* Serves 2 * Easy * 20 min * Pot * 450g (15.87oz) *
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 handful (about 50g/1.75oz) sliced chorizo or summer sausage
1 shallot, diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste (tubed)
1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
1/2 vegetable bouillon cube
2/3 cup paella rice
1 can (about 85g/3oz) smoked mussels, drained
1 can (about 100g/3.5oz) squid in ink, drained
On the trail:
Heat the olive oil in a pot on medium heat.
Add chorizo and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until crisp.
Add onions and garlic; cook until onions are soft.
Stir in tomato paste and paprika. Heat together for 1–2 minutes.
Pour in rice and 1 ½ cup water; bring to a boil.
Crumble in bouillon cube.
Season to taste and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the seafood, mix well and cook for another 5 minutes together until rice is done and almost all the liquid is absorbed.
Finish your romantic dinner on a sweet note with our easy trail tiramisu recipe
Be sure also to bring something delicious to sip on. Warm yourself up with a really hot chocolate.
More romantic dinner recipe ideas: