All we know that green leafy vegetables are good for us, but it can be a bit tough to incorporate them into backpacking diet. Spinach powder provides an excellent way to boost our daily intake of greens. It holds just as much power as fresh spinach leaves, but its super-concentrated form makes it more convenient for trail cooking needs. It’s light in weight, easy-to-use, lasts longer, but tastes, looks and smells as real spinach.
Why use spinach?
Spinach is one of the most delicious and nourishing backpacking superfoods loaded full with essential nutrients. This dark green leafy and non-starchy vegetable is rich in vitamins (A, C, E and K) and minerals including iron, manganese, calcium, phosphorus and potassium. Spinach is also one of the best sources of magnesium, which is necessary for energy metabolism, maintaining muscle and nerve function, heart rhythm, and immune system.
Eating spinach may benefit our health in several ways:
- It has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant abilities;
- Helps prevent cancer and heart disease;
- Reduces blood pressure levels;
- Improves eye health;
- Helps stable blood glucose levels.
How to use
There are several uses for spinach powder in backpacking recipes:
- Toss into your trail smoothies;
- Flavor soups, sauces, pasta and rice dishes;
- Sprinkle over omelet;
- Bake into muffins, pancakes or breads.
Recipes with spinach powder
Where to buy: